We have an fantastic opportunity for highly creative Animators to join our studio based in Sheffield. The Animators primary role will involve creating high quality character animation and creature animation for projects onsite.
We are looking for candidates that can easily integrate within a team and have a minimum of 3 years production experience. A degree or relevant animation qualification is preferred. It is important that we receive a link to your showreel demonstrating outstanding ability in the fundamentals of character animation. The roles are full-time and we are looking for candidates that can take on responsibility, stick to deadlines and have a passion for creating their best work every day.
- Creating Character, Creature and Vehicle Keyframe Animation
- Camera Layout/Previs
- Scene Caching and Clean up
- Planning character performance for shots, including recording reference
- Working closely with your team to ensure consistency across shots
- Continuing technical knowledge, adapting to new processes and technologies
Skills & Requirements
You must have:
- Excellent knowledge of animating using Autodesk Maya, demonstrating superb animation skills with knowledge of strong posing, weight, timing, rhythm and most importantly storytelling.
- Good communication skills and ability to work with other departments to solve difficult challenges.
- A knowledge of basic artistic human anatomy.
- Proven production experience of 3 years.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of real world physics and applying this within animation.
- Good knowledge of cinematography
We'd also ideally like you to have:
- Experience with camera animation and the Maya camera sequencer.
- Experience with Motion Capture Data.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Lunar Animation was founded in 2014, by a team of highly experienced Artists, Animators and Generalists. It is now an award winning international studio, working with partners around the globe. Some of their work has accrued more than 250 million views on Youtube to date and been featured in the Autodesk and Chaos Group reels.
Our work is heavily focussed around the video game sector, making cinematics and commercials. We also create short form online entertainment, TV promos and are involved in developing our own groundbreaking attraction content for theme parks around the world. Our strive to produce the best possible quality along with our attention to detail, results in content that always exceeds our clients expectations.
What we offer
We’re situated in an old steel mill in the heart of Kelham Island; a super cool and vibrant upcoming part of Sheffield, so much so we made a video to showcase what it’s like to be based here.
We’re a 10 minute walk into the centre of town, 30 seconds from the tram route which links to the train station, giving easy access to Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands.
We have a beautiful office environment that you’ll get to make your home. We supply a host of free hot and cold drinks to keep you refreshed when working, along with a weekly supply of fresh fruit. We have a relaxing and calm environment that will allow you to do your best work.
We love being based in Sheffield. As a City it has everything you could wish for, from theatres, galleries, restaurants, live music, shopping facilities and plenty of open green spaces. With the Peak District National Park a few minutes away there’s little Sheffield doesn't have to offer.