Senior Character Artist
Epic Games is searching for an experienced Character Artist to collaborate with the art team to develop heroes and enemies for Fortnite. In this role you will create top-quality characters for use in gameplay, cinematics, and marketing material.
- Creating characters, enemies, and weapons based on concept art or reference photos
- Collaborate with the art director and concept artists to set the visual style and quality bar
- Build clean highly animate-able topology with the ability to give and receive feedback with concept artists and character modelers
- Be forward thinking and have the ability to help the team refine our technical pipelines so we can continue to push the boundaries of real-time character performance
Skills & Requirements
- You are able to create believable characters that are full of life and personality in high-poly and low-poly models as well as textures
- You posses an intimate knowledge of human anatomy and form
- The ability to adapt to and innovate new styles and techniques
- Strong organic modeling skills (human faces, clothing, believable creatures)
- Strong hard-surface modeling skills (armor, weapons)
- Knowledge of major 3D software packages (Maya, Max, or Modo, and ZBrush)
- Shipped game title experience
- Experience with outsourcing
- Experience managing content and developing pipelines, experience painting textures in Photoshop, from hand or based on texture reference, tuning (or creating) surface shaders for real-time rendered characters, and skin weighting, rigging, and animation
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
If you’d like to be part of building a visually stunning game we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a portfolio using the links below and we’ll be in touch soon.
For applicants interested in our Cary Headquarters, please use this link: https://epicgames.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Epic_Art/job/Cary-NC/Character-Artist_R850
For applicants interested in our Montreal Studio, please use this link: https://epicgames.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Epic_Art/job/Montreal-Canada/Character-Artist_R985
This is going to be Epic!
About the Company
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award-winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.