Clean Up Artist
The SPA Studios are using digital tools to reimagine the charm of classical 2d animation, blended with unique cutting edge digital techniques that adds a fresh volumetric look, lighting and texturing that people have to come to expect in family movies.
- Maintaining the artistic integrity of the Animation.
- Maintain the consistency in volumes, appeal and “on model” throughout the whole scene.
- Match design references and styles
- Interpret the rough animation and translate it properly in clean up without losing the animator´s intention
- Be self-motivated and have the capacity to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Deliver animated footage according to production deadlines and quota schedules
- Have an appreciation of accuracy and pay close attention to detail ensuring the work moves efficiently through the animation pipeline
- Collaborate with production crew (designers, directors etc.)
Skills & Requirements
- Proven experience as a Clean-Up Artist
- Strong drawing skills
- Be self-motivated and comfortable working with deadlines and budget restrictions
- Teamwork and excellent communication skills
- Be able to take direction and be willing to address constructive feedback
- Show respect for the procedures and requirements of the studio production and pipeline
- Toon Boom knowledge is a plus but not essential (training can be provided)
- Ability to relocate to Madrid
- A valid EU work permit is a bonus
- English is a must, as the work will be developed in this language
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply through the SPA studios website: https://thespastudios.com/jobs
About the Company
The SPA Studios offers the highest quality in Animation, Content & Visual Development, Character Design and Storyboarding. Founded by Sergio Pablos (Director, Screenwriter and Animator), our clients include Netflix, Universal, Blue Sky, Warner and Disney among other intrustry leading companies.
The studio credits include: Despicable me, RIO, Foosbal, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Tarzan, Treasure Planet...and we are currently in production with Netflix’ biggest animation project: KLAUS.