Senior Gameplay Animator
Why Join Us?
To put it simply: you’ll work with great people, making top-tier, high-quality interactive experiences with the best IP in the world. We set out to build an uncompromising vision for a game studio and found the ideal partner in Skydance to extend its reach and sustainability. To fully deliver our vision for these games we assembled the best external development, publishing and IP partners in the world. Our internal team will remain small relative to other AAA developers so we can all maintain the highest levels of familiarity, trust and effectiveness. You’ll be surrounded by industry veterans, currently with an average of 20 years’ experience, in a climate of mutual trust, maturity, candor and playful collaboration. We believe that life’s too short to work with difficult people, regardless of talent, so exceptional character and strong principles are requirements for every role. Your days will be focused on solving creative and technical problems, not navigating corporate politics.
We are open to a spectrum of remote working and office scenarios for staff. This will include regular team get-togethers and travel throughout the year, so we benefit from the best of both worlds – flexibility and efficiency as well as team cohesion.
What You’ll Do:
We are searching for a Senior Gameplay Animator to join our core team developing a high quality AAA single-player story-driven action-adventure game built using the Unreal Engine. Our animation team is small, and we want to expand it with someone capable of bringing both deep expertise in gameplay animation while also being able to guide a distributed team of external animators to get results. We only hire talented, collaborative people with strong communication skills who are laser focused on achieving excellent results.
Skills & Requirements
In This Role, You Will:
- Provide daily hands-on editing and tuning of motion capture-based animation content.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Design, and Animation to devise, implement and debug animation systems and gameplay mechanics.
- Collaborate with Design to define timing, expression and style of animations for core systems from the ground up.
- Work closely and clearly communicate with external Animation partners to ensure that quality and technical requirements and timelines are being met.
- Be involved in Motion Capture shoots, from planning and direction to integration into engine.
- Be an active partner in the integration of gameplay with cinematic animation.
- Collaborate with Animation Directors to ensure alignment with Narrative vision.
We Are Looking For People Who:
- Have 10+ years experience in gameplay animation, including third-person action-adventure titles.
- Have shipped 2+ AAA titles as a gameplay animator.
- Have experience mentoring and leading teams of animators.
- Have experience with advanced animation systems and root motion. (Motion Matching, Warping)
- Push innovation and fidelity in gameplay animation and mechanics.
- Have a passion for creating cinematic and realistic content.
- Have extensive experience developing in a real-time environment. (Unreal)
- Excel at rapid prototyping and quick iteration.
- Thrive in a self-driven environment.
- Are great communicators and cross-discipline collaborators.
- Possess strong time management and long-term planning skills.
- Working remotely is an option
How to Apply
Please apply via our jobsite: https://jobs.lever.co/skydance/a321dde2-86c9-4428-8f71-cdf38c17f2b0
About the Company
What is Skydance New Media?
Amy Hennig (co-creator of the Uncharted series) and Julian Beak, both 30-year veterans in the game industry, have built a new studio with Skydance Media (the studio behind Mission: Impossible, Top Gun: Maverick, The Old Guard, Grace and Frankie) that is laser-focused on premium action-adventure games with rich, compelling stories. Our first productions will tap into the traditions of adventure cinema to create an engaging, energetic experience that captures the spirit of TV and film to excite both gamers and non-gamers alike. These games will be best-in-class for both visual fidelity and innovative gameplay on the latest console platforms and PCs.
Visit Our Website: Skydance New Media
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.