3D Environment and Prop Artist
We're looking for a 3D artist that is passionate about world-building and creating an engaging gaming experience for our players. In this role you will model, texture, and UV-map game objects and work closely with other artists and animators to model visually striking and stylized assets.
- Modeling low-poly props and architectural models optimized for mobile devices.
- Produce clean, low-resolution game topology, and UVs.
- Optimizing assets for polycount and texture memory.
- Work with the Art Director and Senior 3D Artists to create high quality game assets that are consistent with the game’s visual target.
- Ensure that props and weapons follow specifications and functionality requirements.
- Create architectural and organic environment models and texturing.
- Unity engine asset import, troubleshooting, and implementation.
- Help to prepare content for implementation.
Skills & Requirements
- 1+ year of modeling experience on published mobile or handheld gaming title.
- Experience working with a high degree of stylization.
- Full pipeline familiarity with Autodesk Maya.
- Effective texture workflow using Photoshop, Substance Painter, or other industry standard methods.
- Unity engine workflow experience.
- Ability to move fast and work with tight deadlines.
- A deep passion and knowledge of gaming.
- Strong aptitude for continuous learning.
- An understanding of rigging and animating 3D models.
- Experience with material setup and lighting for mobile games.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
We suggest reading the job description carefully and include a cover letter to let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this role. Please tell us a bit about yourself and what you’re passionate about. Selected applications will have a phone chat before being invited to a video interview. This position is remote during the pandemic but will be based in Atlanta, GA thereafter. Relocation assistance is offered within the United States.
Send cover letter, resume, and portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.
About the Company
Global Worldwide have been global leaders in Agriculture, Materials Science, Autonomous Weapon Systems, and Pharmaceutical Testing since our inception in 1945. Each division of the company has led its respective industry through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. Now we’re making mobile video games