Technical UI Artist
343 Industries, the studio developing Halo games, is looking for a Technical UI Artist to join our team working on the next, big Halo shooter experience. As a Technical UI Artist, you are central to creating amazing user experiences across activities and devices for one of the most exciting and creative intellectual properties in the industry. If you’re a passionate, talented and driven artist in this field, this is where you need to be!
Technical UI Artists are expected to support the UI Art being built and executing internal processes, support shaping the design or our UI Tools and pipelines, and overall aiding the production of user interface art and assets.
Technical UI Artists must communicate and collaborate strongly with our UI Artists, UX Designs, and UI Engineers; together, these roles are responsible for the execution of complex interfaces and delivering a world class user experience to our consumers. The ideal candidate must be highly effective in ambiguous situations, manage your time effectively and react quickly to changing requirements.
- Work closely with our UI Artists to build internal art processes and guide content creation workflows
- Work with UI content creators to define and execute implementation best practices
- Support UI screen implementation and iteration using our UI Toolset within our game engine.
- Collaborate with our UX designers to ensure we are delivering on a compelling and intuitive user experience.
- Work closely with Design, Production, and Developers to iterate on best solutions to UI creation challenges
Skills & Requirements
- 4+ years of experience in Tech Art or UI Art for games
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Expertise in art creation pipelines, workflows, and tools
- Experience in scripting in 2D and 3D software
- Deep understanding of UX/UI design for console platforms
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively and critically to support content creators
- Strong technical skills and the ability to quickly grasp new technology, workflows and software
- Fundamental understanding of graphic design principles (typography, layout, grid, hierarchy, color, animation, composition)
- Experience in 3D software like Cinema 4D, Maya, or 3DS Max
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Passion for and knowledge of games, especially FPS or sci-fi games
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
About the Company
343 Industries has a single mission: Build incredible Halo experiences. 343 Industries is part of Microsoft Studios, and the steward of the Halo universe. We build the stories, the worlds, and the gameplay that make Halo such an iconic and innovative franchise.
Halo is one of the largest entertainment properties in the world. With over 65 million games sold, New York Times best-selling novels, action figures, apparel and much, much more, this multi-billion dollar franchise has revolutionized console gaming and established a rich and expansive universe for its devoted fans. This is your chance to contribute your passion and vision to one of the most exciting intellectual properties and on one of the most talented teams in the industry.