AAA Environment Outsourcing Artist
This is a great opportunity for an Environment Artist with experience in managing External Partners to deliver on the highest quality AAA game environments.
In this is a split role, you will be creating art content, polishing and fixing art bugs, as well as communicating and providing feedback for our external artists. Working on AAA console title, you will work with a team of highly experienced artists to model and texture environments from supplied concept art. You will also work with the Lead to help re-enforce our quality bar and guide external teams of Artists to bring Art Direction to reality. High quality modeling, sculpting, and texturing skills are required.
- Contribute to the creation of environment art.
- Actively accept feedback from the environment art lead and art director.
- Ability to work well under deadlines; self-motivated, and works well in collaborative environment.
- Be proactive in recognizing and resolving blockers relating to External Partner issues
- Ensure that our External Partners have the training, materials and documentation required to complete their work to the expected quality
- Work with the External Partners to ensure that the work assigned to them is completed on time, on budget, and to the expected quality bar.
- Promptly review work submitted by External Partners, ensuring that it hits the quality standards set by our Art and Technical Directors and Leads.
- Maintain regular communication and healthy relationships with External Partners. This may include being available outside of normal working hours to cover different time zones.
- Assist where required in Due Diligence and Onboarding of new External Partners, as well as Off-boarding partners from our projects.
- Assist in advising and coordinating others on the team with complex problems and training relating to External Development.
- Train External Partners and internal stakeholders on pipelines and processes used in External Development.
- Ensure project management tools are up-to-date and are populated with the required information.
Skills & Requirements
- Must have 3+ years of experience in video games, or equivalent. Must also have 1-3+ years of experience in working with external teams.
- Art-related degree and/or comparable professional experience.
- Good awareness for real time graphics issues.
- Ability to model, sculpt and texture a wide range of environments.
- Strong understanding of the high poly to low poly workflow.
- Strong experience with Maya or other 3D software packages, Z-Brush and Photoshop.
- Unreal, Frostbite or Unity experience a strong asset.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must work well with deadlines and be self-motivated and directed.
- This role may require domestic or international travel 3-4 times per year typically for 1-week duration per trip. Applicant must be willing to travel.
How to Apply
Please send portfolios/reels to Shawn at Aquent: email@example.com
About the Company
Aquent offers a broad range of staffing services to help global companies add technical expertise to their marketing and creative departments, increase the bandwidth of their in-house teams, and achieve higher quality creative work. To learn more about Aquent's full range of services please visit http://aquent.com.