3D Environment Artist
Studio Decay is looking for a new 3D Environment artist to join our team. Our ideal candidate will have a mastery of AAA art tools and a familiarity with Unity’s art pipeline. The role will see you come on board on our first game, currently heading towards alpha.
You will be working closely with programmers, other artists, and our game director to take prototyped game levels and flesh them out into finished environments. While we’re a small team and a collaborative mindset is crucial, you’ll ‘own’ a variety of unique areas and bring your own ideas to them. Our art is a mixture of real-world architecture and fantastical dreamland spaces, and you should be eager to go beyond just recreating real-life and introduce style, whimsy, and surprise to your art.
- Create, model and texture level environments and other game objects
- Collaborate with the Artists, Game Designers, and Programmers to ensure art assets are high-quality, support the artistic direction of the project, and are fully optimized
- Be proactive in problem-solving, cross-discipline brainstorming
- Receive feedback and modify work based on direction
Skills & Requirements
IMPORTANT TO NOTE
- Position is contract work; not employment.
- Position requires 40 hours a week, during PST core working hours.
- Position is 8-12 months approximately.
- 3+ years of industry experience as an Environment Artist, or other relevant experience
- Experience with Unity’s Editor and core libraries, having completed at least one Unity project
- Advanced understanding of 3DSMax/Maya, Allegorithmic’s Substance, ZBrush, Adobe Photoshop, and/or other game production tools
- Expertise in modeling, texturing, hard-surface and material work for environments and props
- Experience with modern art principles and techniques such as lighting, composition, color theory, and staging
- Experience creating asset within a Physically Based Shading and Lighting model
- Work remotely; be available for remote meetings during PST core working hours
Nice To Have
- An affinity for stylization
- Ability to create from your own ideas, not just from pre-existing concept art
- Strong understanding or experience in technical art
- Working remotely is an option
How to Apply
- To apply for this position, send your send resume and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
Founded in 2016 as a part of the award winning film studio Annapurna Pictures, Annapurna interactive has quickly become one of the most compelling publishers in the indie game scene. Their current titles include What Remains of Edith Finch, Gorogoa, Florence, Donut County, and Ashen. Kotaku has called Annapurna Interactive “The most exciting publisher around.”
Studio Decay is an independent game studio based in San Francisco with team members working across the globe, dedicated to bringing the next wave of storytelling and gameplay to life. We’re keeping things under wraps for now, so pardon the brevity of exactly who we are and what we’re making. More details to follow.