Are you an avid gamer looking to create dynamic and amazing AAA user interfaces? Stardock is currently seeking a talented UI Designer to create and to improve the overall user experience. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts while transforming them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborate with the lead designer to create beautiful and intuitive player user interfaces.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design challenges.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, and user flows to communicate UI design ideas.
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders.
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback.
- Establish and promote UI design guidelines, best practices, and standards.
Skills & Requirements
Education and/or Experience Desired:
- 3-5 years of experience in UI design with at least one shipped game title.
- Superior portfolio demonstrating UI design for games and/or simulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a design-related field (Graphic Design, UI/UX Design, HCI, etc.).
- Highly skilled in Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Demonstrable skills in color, layout, fonts, and user experience design.
- Love for strategy games.
Bonus Points if Experience Includes:
- Version control software (e.g. Perforce, SVN, etc.)
- LUA scripting
- XML and XAML
- Agile methodology
How to Apply
If you're enthusiastic about the position and would like to tell us about it, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with "UI Designer" in the subject line.
About the Company
Stardock is a software development company that was founded in 1991 and incorporated in 1993 as Stardock Systems. We initially developed for the OS/2 platform, but were forced to switch to Windows® due to the collapse of the OS/2 software market between 1997 and 1998. We're best known for computer programs that allow a user to modify or extend a graphical user interface as well as personal computer games, particularly strategy games such as Galactic Civilizations®, Sins of a Solar Empire®, Fallen Enchantress and more!
Our internal Stardock Entertainment division develops games for the Windows PC including Star Control®: Origins™ , Fallen Enchantress, The Political Machine™ series, and the award-winning Galactic Civilizations series.
We Also Publish...
Stardock Entertainment also works with 3rd party developers to publish Windows PC games like Ironclad Games™ Sins of a Solar Empire RTS franchise, Mohawk Games Off-World Trading Company™, Oxide Games Ashes of the Singularity®, and Gas Powered Games® action/strategy hybrid, Demigod™.