Lead Artist [Far Cry] (f/m)
We are now accepting applications for an Lead Artist [Far Cry] (f/m) to be based at our Berlin studio.
The Art Lead innovates in terms of game graphic production quality and content, and guarantees that the visual elements are credible and consistent with the game's vision.
- Define and establish art standards/systems and ensure all creative material is consistent
- Ensure the style supports the target demographic and consumer expectations
- Identify inconsistencies and opportunities for improvement within the creative process
- Lead the development, maintenance, and vision for art direction
- Accurately distinguish which art issues are critical
- Ensure accuracy of art scope, schedule, and budget
- Develop and sign off on creative estimates and ensure execution of all deliverables
- Work directly with production to ensure that schedules and plans meet business and project needs
- Educate and facilitate communication with design, coding, production, QA and marketing teams
- Guide, mentor and develop the team
- Research, explore, and communicate artistic best practices in order to identify the most effective methodologies
- Provide quality improvement on processes for planning, execution, approval and reporting
- Provide visual solutions to problems while working in collaboration with other members of the game team, including artists, designers, and engineers
Skills & Requirements
- 10+ years’ experience as an artist or animator
- Proven experience in the entertainment and/or video game industry
- Knowledge and experience with one or more 2D and 3D software packages, including 3ds Max, Maya, ZBrush or Mudbox, and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of art development methods, necessary tools and production
- Wide range of experience in all areas of game art, including creation of backgrounds, characters, game objects, user interface, animation, creation of 3D objects, particle effects.
- Deep understanding/philosophy of game development and the realities of production from a tech, and design standpoint
- Ability to provide clear and constructive feedback to artists on their work
- Strong communication and writing skills, with experience communicating both creative and technical feedback in English
- Real Passion for games
We aim to have a wide and diverse range of profiles within our studio; thus, we are looking forward to being surprised by your application. The most important quality for us is to be a strong team player with a resilient and positive attitude.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume. All portfolios should contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
- Examples of natural and realistic environments and props
- Examples of materials and high quality textures
- Show both organic and hard surface works
- Examples of style variety
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal. Applications should include your resume, a cover letter with the earliest starting date, your salary expectation and why you would like to joins us.
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
About the Company
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, state of the art video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
The newly established Ubisoft Berlin studio is set to continue contributing to this impressive line-up and will be working on AAA Co-Development projects together with international Ubisoft teams.
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
At Ubisoft Berlin, we are gearing up for our first challenges. We will be collaborating on the award-winning “Far Cry” series together with international Ubisoft teams.
As a newly established Ubisoft studio, we have an ambitious but humble approach to the contribution we want to bring to the Far Cry franchise. We are committed to excellence; we want to dedicate ourselves to delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that will empower our players and make them feel part of the Far Cry community, to make it “the place to be” for fans of online open-world shooters. Come and join us in one of the most creative and dynamic cities in the world!
What we want to offer you:
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels inspired, empowered and connected. We believe developers do their best work when they feel empowered. We thus aim to give you a lot of autonomy. In return, we expect you to be self-responsible and stay on top of your game by continuously developing your skills. Furthermore, we know it is important for a developer to feel comfortable. With that in mind, we aim to provide a variety of everyday benefits which we hope will help you feel great including:
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care
- Subsidized lunch meals, free bike rental or lease your own bike!
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company