Kindly Beast is looking for a concept illustrator who can help us invent characters, environments, and objects that people of all ages will love to play with. You’ll be asked to do fast and loose sketches so we can quickly decide between different approaches, tight turnarounds to help guide our 3D modellers, and polished marketing-ready artwork. You’ll be able to both follow existing drawing styles and be able to invent your own.
You’ll need to be detail oriented with the ability to adapt your work’s finesse to tight timelines. You’ll be asked to interpret technical requirements from the GDD (Game Design Document) to compelling creative executions. Storyboarding or texture art experience is a plus.
We’re looking specifically for applicants who can work in our Ottawa, Canada office. Please include a portfolio with relevant work, clearly indicating work created by you.
- Work with art directors, producers, and our 3D team to ensure successful and frictionless integration of assets into games.
- Provide estimates for tasks
- Meet deadlines and flag any possible blockers early
- Optimize your work to meet technical constraints
- Required Skills:
- A minimum of 3 years working professionally as an illustrator, ideally for games.
- Excellent eye for high quality artwork
- Expertise with Adobe’s Creative Cloud suite.
Special Consideration Given to:
- AGILE and Scrum experience
- Shipped titles (indie or AAA)
- Storyboarding experience
- Texturing experience
What we Offer:
- Full-time position
- Flexible working hours
- The opportunity to work on a rapidly growing IP.
- A permissive company culture that encourages creative problem solving, transparency, and independence.
- A competitive salary plus performance based bonuses
- Generous dental and medical benefits.
- Your choice of equipment upon starting (Wacom tablet, Cintiq, keyboard, mouse, headphones, etc.)
- 2 weeks holiday to start PLUS a month off from December 15th to January 15th.
Skills & Requirements
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically Photoshop)
- Ability to work at variable fidelity, from quick concept sketches to final product-ready artwork
- Ability to work in a variety of styles from cartoony to realistic
- Ability to provide accurate time estimates
- Readiness to adjust artwork based on stakeholder feedback
- Game industry experience
How to Apply
Please send your application and portfolio to email@example.com
About the Company
Kindly Beast is an indie game studio located in Ottawa, Ontario. We created the Bendy™ franchise and the popular game Bendy and The Ink Machine™, and are now excited to begin work on some unannounced game projects across PC, mobile, and console. We’re growing our art team and would love to have you join us. Applicants from all backgrounds and lifestyles are welcome!
At this time we’re looking for you to join us in house in our Ottawa office.