Senior 3D Artist - Onsite Vienna
- Develop high quality 3D assets that adhere to the art direction and style established for the project
- High-poly to low-poly workflow for next gen asset production
- Characters, environment, props and vehicles – depending on the specific project and tasks
- Communicate effectively and proactively with other team members and with other departments
- Demonstrate a positive, adaptive attitude and effective time management skills
- Participate in art reviews and respond to critical feedback in a professional manner
- Foresee risks and adapt with flexibility to the contingencies of the production
- Document, plan and articulate the work
Skills & Requirements
- Experienced and talented 3D artist for videogames industry
- Advanced 3d modelling (Maya)
- Advanced digital Sculpting (Zbrush/Mudbox)
- Advanced texturing
- A solid grasp of foundational art skills, colour theory, human and creature anatomy, design theory
- Able to follow and adapt to stylistic guidelines set by the Lead Artist/ArtDirector, both cartoonish and realistic look
- Proven experience with game engine(s), proprietary or third party
- Excellent English skills (oral and written), German optional
- Communicative and conscientious working skills
- Love for video games and digital art
- Motivation and creativity
- Proactive problem solver
- 5+ years of experience in the videogames industry on shipped games
- Strong artistic and technical background, love for video games and digital art
- European citizen or EU / Austrian work permit
- Experience in adjacent fields: 2D art, concepting, particles and physics simulation, animation, rigging
- Familiar with Scrum framework
- A creative, friendly and positive work environment
- A rich variety of challenging and interesting projects
- Flexible working hours
- Working in the center of Vienna, frequently considered the "World's Most Livable City"
- 25 days of paid holidays per year, plus an average of 12 bank holidays a year
Austrian work law binds us to indicate the legal minimum wage for each advertised position.
For the position, it would be gross EUR 2.979,– per month, 14 salaries per year (IT Kollektivvertrag, ST1/ Regel).
The salary can be higher to recognize a candidate’s experience and skill level.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Did we get your attention? Give a boost to your career, send your resume IN ENGLISH and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
Purple Lamp was founded by industry veterans to pursue their passion in PC and Console gaming.
A love for community driven strategy, management and light RPG games unites a team that has spent many years working together, where everyone knows what they’re doing and loves the games we’re working on.
Our team comes from many different countries: Austria, Germany, Italy, France, Iceland, Spain, Great Britain, Sweden, USA, just to name a few.
The studio language is English, and we really enjoy working in a very mature yet passionate environment.