Senior Technical Artist [Unannounced Project] (256)
Leverage knowledge of multiple disciplines within technical art to develop, document and support the game art pipelines and techniques used by the production teams on the project.
Technical Art Director
- Stay up to date on trends and methodologies in current and future graphics software and hardware to develop early planning of tools and processes;
- Participate in the development of technology road maps for the specific needs of the project;
- Maintain a balance between the creative vision of the projects and the technical budget restraints;
- Be aware of potential risks to the project and bring it to the attention of management;
- Collaborate with team leads to identify and develop art production processes and technologies that meet artists’ needs for creating high quality art with limited resources;
- Set and share best practices within the group;
- Be a reference for the team in relation to technical art and find solutions to complex issues that arise;
- Optimise content for memory and performance gains;
- Efficiently communicate and support messages from management;
- Assist in the development of training programs for artists as and when they are required;
- Provide feedback and advise team members on the project;
- Be involved in the development and rendering of artwork, models, animations and textures as and when required;
- Support the Technical Art Director in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills & Requirements
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Understanding and history of proficiency in using 3D graphics software such as 3DS Max, Maya etc. ideally on an advanced scripting level;
- Knowledge of data management software (such as perforce);
- Knowledge of platform strengths and limitations;
- Good knowledge of multiple art and animation pipelines;
- Knowledge of different hardware architecture;
- Working knowledge of scripting/programming using languages such as Max Script, Python, C Sharp etc.;
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills;
- Knowledge of video bit rates, compression methods and other associated processes is desirable;
- Technical proficiency in areas of 2D and 3D art;
- Bachelor’s degree in art, design, technical discipline or other relevant training;
- 5 years’ minimum experience in technical art or other relevant experience;
- Shipped at least 1 game within the technical art discipline; preferably full cycle on a ‘AAA’ console title.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.