This is a 40 hour work-week contract opportunity with our Game Studio client in Redmond, WA.
Our client is looking for an experienced DevOps Manager who is enthusiastic to gather requirements, define best practices and manage development efforts for a small team of DevOps Engineers.
The ideal candidate with have both hands-on abilities and project management skills. We’re looking for someone with a development background who prioritizes planning and priorities to achieve results that they themselves will use as the “customer”.
You’ll use Azure DevOps to maintain a backlog while actively craft priorities as part of a continuous team workflow.
Success will be measured by delivery of completed “DevOps” solutions that both you and your team will use as needed to maintain healthy operations of our services. Creation and review of TSG’s along with How-To documentation is an essential part of this role.
You will use Azure DevOps for project management and will participate and manage the team of DevOps engineers to create repeatable infrastructure and monitoring solutions.
You will be responsible for planning and management leading to review and verification of team deliveries. Our services are customer facing and used by popular first party games and games currently in development.
As a part of a small team of DevOps Engineers you’ll be expected to participate in the “on-call” rotation, where your duty is to be available troubleshooting only in the event of an operational outage.
Skills & Requirements
Qualified candidates will have the following prior experiences:
- 3+ years’ service development or automation scripting experience.
- 3+ years’ experience deploying and managing production services.
- 2+ years’ experience leading or managing a small services development team.
- 2+ years’ experience using Azure Resources and hosting solutions.
- Development history creating services with modern design patterns (MVC, Dependency Injection, Unit Testing, Secret handling and more)
- Live Operations experience with large scale production services requiring 24 x 7 x 365 uptime.
- Experience with: Scripting, Git, integration testing frameworks, modern databases, query languages and monitoring solutions, TSG creation and utilization.
- A clear passion for creating polished and highly automated operational solutions.
- Azure DevOps, Visual Studio, PowerShell scripting.
- General/alternate cloud provider experience, such as with AWS.
- Linux experience.
- Docker and Kubernetes experience.
- Experience maintaining legacy services and code bases.
- Game development experience.
- Enjoy playing a spread of online games.
Top 3 must-have hard skills
- 4+ years’ service development or automation scripting experience
- 3+ years’ experience using Azure Resources and hosting solutions
- 3+ years’ experience leading or managing a small services development team.
How to Apply
Please send me your resume/portfolio link and the best time and number to chat!
**Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and sit on-site at our client in Redmond, WA**
About the Company
We are a global organization specialized in HR staffing. We have a specialized team focused on creative and game studios in the Seattle area.
We’ll find you your best fit. Let’s start looking for your dream job!