3D Environment Artist
Our awesome Total War art team has the perfect position for a talented Environment Artist specifically skilled at buildings, props and natural terrain, as well as a keen eye for level building and polishing.
The successful candidate will have good experience of modular systems design and prefab design, and technical skills will be a strong asset for the position.
Please note that a portfolio must be submitted as part of an application for this role. Mid and senior artists are all welcome to apply.
As a 3D Environment Artist, you will be required to respond quickly and intelligently to gameplay changes and tests whilst working within constraints and requirements of the game engine. You will work with the designers to create visually stunning settlements and maps. You will create hard surface props and assets as well as vegetation creation, terrain texturing and lighting. As Environment Artist, you will work on system design for building upgrades, settlements upgrades, climates and seasons.
Skills & Requirements
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Demonstrated visual flare and artistic talent
- Skill in 3ds Max/Maya/ZBrush
- Skill in Photoshop
- One or more shipped game
- Knowledge of games development pipeline/environment/engines
- Self-motivated approach to work
- Great communication skills complemented by a positive can-do attitude
- Experience of working effectively in a team
- Demonstrated passion for visual environment creation
- Proven experience implementing game environments
- Formal art training
- All round art ability
- Love of games
- Knowledge of Substance Designer and Painter
- Concept art skills
- Lighting and composition skills
- 2d painting and texturing skills
- An interest in architecture and the built environment
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria. With a heritage of award-winning AAA titles, including the multi-million selling Total War™ series, Creative Assembly continues to build an impressive portfolio of games and world-renowned partnerships; working with Games Workshop on Total War™: WARHAMMER®, Wargaming Alliance on Total War™: ARENA, Twentieth Century Fox on Alien: Isolation, plus 343 Industries and Microsoft on Halo Wars 2. Creative Assembly has, with their exceptionally talented team of over 500, amassed a wealth of awards, including recent accolades from BAFTA, Music+Sound and Develop’s Industry Excellence awards.