Marketing and Production Artist - Mobile Games
PerBlue is looking for a talented Marketing and Production Game Artist with experience in the digital 2D space (concept/illustration) and a passion for videogames. Working together with Product Leads and the Creative and Marketing teams, the Marketing and Production Game Artist is responsible for creating concept art and producing cohesive and compelling digital marketing assets for our games including Disney Heroes: Battle Mode that will be seen by millions of people.
Our ideal candidate should have experience creating 2D concepts and marketing assets for game or film. You should be passionate about learning new tools and techniques and be driven to create beautiful works of art.
- Produce digital mobile banner ads for in-app ad campaigns and for social media advertising.
- Pose and adjust characters and environments to create dynamic ad compositions.
- Take game characters and alter their appearance to create compelling ad creative.
- Create social media assets such as cover images, profile photos, and post images.
- Create app icons and screenshots to be published in app stores.
- Polishing assets for presentation in marketing and partner materials.
Production Artist Responsibilities
- Environment concepting, character concepting, and creation of target images.
- Creation of storyboards for animation.
- Creation of UI icons.
Skills & Requirements
Minimum requirements include--
- At least 1 year of digital graphic design or illustration experience in banner ads or social media ads (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Portfolio that showcases exceptional 2D concept artwork
- Strong proficiency with Adobe Photoshop
- Strong 2D digital painting skills
- Strong design, composition, and production skills
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Desire and willingness to learn new technology and tools
- Be results-oriented and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
Other great-to-have skills--
- 3D model/rig/lighting skills
- Game industry specific marketing experience
- Strong artistic background, training, and sensibilities
- Video storyboarding and basic video editing experience
- Branding and logo design experience
- Familiar with SPINE animation framework and Unity
- Familiar with Maya and 3ds Max
- Web design (markup, CSS) or mobile app UI design experience
Compensation and Benefits
We offer 6+ weeks of paid vacation and health, dental, and vision insurance as well as a well-matched 401k. We have a catered lunch program, a snack-stocked kitchen, and a refrigerator full of liquid refreshments. You'll get membership to our local hackerspace Sector67 and enjoy our regular socials. You'll be part of an energetic and collaborative environment, and work with a great team. We have flexible hours and are located in a vibrant neighborhood in beautiful downtown Madison.
This is a full time position based in Madison, WI. Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
How to Apply
Just hit this link to our website to apply. Be sure to include a link to your online portfolio.
About the Company
PerBlue is a growing independent studio whose free-to-play mobile RPG and strategy games have been played by millions of people around the world. Our most recent release, Disney Heroes: Battle Mode, was named Best Game of 2018 by the Samsung Galaxy Store. We have been named a “Top Developer” by Google and recognized as a top place to work in Madison many times over. Our high performing team of 60 is based in Madison, WI. Come grow with us and have an impact!