Axis Animation is seeking to recruit PRODUCERS on an ongoing basis to work on upcoming next generation game cinematics and commercial animation projects on fulltime as well as freelance contracts of up to 12 months onsite in Glasgow.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in every aspect of production including pitching, budgeting, scheduling, briefing and managing teams and overseeing post production .You will also have a passion for, and preferable experience in, animation, VFX and mixed media productions.
Flexibility and adaptability are key attributes for an Axis producer. A 'roll-your-sleeves up' attitude is vital when it comes to managing a process of iterative development across multiple departments under tight timelines.Problem-solving skills are essential, requiring detailed engagement with the creative or technical challenges that arise on the wide variety of projects Axis produces.
Please note all applicants at time of application must have full working rights for the UK and hold an appropriate visa where applicable.
- The role requires an experienced Producer with a proven track record of delivering high quality products, who has the skills required to manage projects – staying within budget and on schedule. We’re also looking for a great communicator who will organise and motivate their team and work alongside directors and creative leads to ensure their vision is realised.
- The role will involve liaising with and advising clients to determine requirements and manage their expectations, producing cost breakdowns and scheduling, and generally overseeing projects from start to finish.
- You will often be the first point of contact with clients so will need to be completely at ease meeting and discussing projects with senior personnel, and be able to instil calm and confidence in clients.
- You must have a real interest in pushing the aesthetic of what we do and an appreciation of what that means for the artists and technology within the Axis studio.
Skills & Requirements
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years experience within a CG related environment.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines across concurrent projects is essential.
- The ability to interact with Directors, CG supervisors, Lead and Technical Artists, to determine creative and technical requirements of projects is integral to this role.
- The ability to problem solve and flag up potential problems is necessary.
- A solid work ethic and positive attitude in the face of challenging situations is vital.
- Attention to detail is essential.
How to Apply
About the Company
Founded in 2000, Axis is an award-winning, international studio of directors, designers, artists, animators, writers and producers that creates content for the biggest names in video games, film, television, commercials and online entertainment.
As a creative team we go out of our way to get under the skin of every project and deliver beyond client expectations. We are passionate about our craft, and we challenge ourselves to leave a lasting impression with every piece of work.
No matter the client, brand, genre or delivery platform, our creative output is distinctive, engaging and entertaining.
Accordingly Axis has won numerous industry accolades, including: a prestigious Cannes Gold Lions Award, New York Festival Awards, D&AD nominations, London International Awards, Promax Awards and a Best Animation BAFTA.
In 2014, Axis were proud to receive the Queen's Award for Enterprise, a highly prestigious honour bestowed by Her Majesty The Queen only to businesses that display the highest levels of excellence.