The minions of hell grow stronger! Our family of diabolically talented developers is expanding. Our backgrounds are varied but we all share a passion for the dark, gothic, and macabre. If you value a tightknit team that celebrates self-expression and a multi-disciplinary approach, then join us on the Diablo team!
Blizzard Entertainment has an amazing opportunity for a seasoned art manager to join its next great game! The ideal candidate possesses outstanding management, communication, and organization skills, and a thorough understanding of art department dynamics within game development.
- Partner with the art director, art leads, and producers to manage individuals across the entire art department.
- Define and manage artist career paths within the team and across the studio.
- Mentor art leads on management and leadership.
- A solid strategist who helps the team with long-term planning.
- Supervise artists and provide work direction, performance reviews, and coaching for the team.
- Design and implement best practices around staffing, interviewing, and career development.
- Administer staffing decisions that help achieve both the short and long term goals of the art team.
- Work with production to help create and manage team schedules and insure proper workflow throughout the art department.
Skills & Requirements
- Strong communications and organizational skills
- Able to handle a wide range of personnel issues including recruitment, career development, and conflict resolution
- Able to manage a large team of artists in a dynamically changing game production environment
- Able to interact as part of a team and to contribute to increasing productivity goals and efficiencies
- Able to successfully deconstruct broad feature goals into prioritized tasks
- Able to build consensus on overall goals and balance resource allocation based on project goals and individual ability
- A minimum of 7 years’ management experience
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as an art department manager or art lead
- Game art or content creation experience
- Expertise with Microsoft Office
- Passionate gamer with experience playing a wide range of games
How to Apply
About the Company
Best known for blockbuster hits including World of Warcraft® and the Warcraft® , StarCraft®, and Diablo® franchises, Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. (www.blizzard.com), a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), is a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software renowned for creating some of the industry’s most critically acclaimed games. Blizzard Entertainment’s track record includes nineteen #1-selling games* and multiple Game of the Year awards. The company’s online-gaming service, Battle.net®, is one of the largest in the world, with millions of active players.