Environment Artist - Real-time Engine
Axis Animation are expanding their team and are looking to hire experienced real time ENVIRONMENT ARTISTS to create amazing work on a full time or ongoing freelance basis working onsite in Glasgow.
This role requires a skilled artist with a broad background creating different types of assets using both hard surface and sculpted techniques. You’ll be a personable, pro-active, self starter who can work with your lead to implement consistent working practice and ensure the standard and quality of the assets are consistently high.
A thorough knowledge of Modelling, Sculpting, Texturing and Shading as well as experience working in a next gen game pipeline is essential.
Candidates must be willing and able to work onsite in Glasgow, and have relevant visas in place permitting this, if required, at time of application.
- Producing high quality assets suitable for production both technically and artistically
- Ability to work to a brief and follow concepts
- Working with your lead to solve technical problems
- Ensuring assets meet specifications provided by all relevant departments
- Liaising with production to manage your time
- Working closely with your Lead to identify process improvements/tools to increase department productivity
Skills & Requirements
- Accomplished examples of Modelling, Texturing and Shading both hard surface and sculpted assets
- Thorough knowledge of creating completed environments in a next generation, real time pipeline
- Thorough knowledge of Modelling package of your choice is essential
- Thorough knowledge of Zbrush and/or Mudbox is essential
- Thorough knowledge of Mari and/or Bodypaint 3D or other 3D texturing software is essential
- Good understanding of Lighting and Shading
- Good communication skill and ability to work interactively with production and other artists to solve production challenges
- Proven production experience within a team min. 2 years
How to Apply
About the Company
Founded in 2000, Axis is an award-winning, international studio of directors, designers, artists, animators, writers and producers that creates content for the biggest names in video games, film, television, commercials and online entertainment.
As a creative team we go out of our way to get under the skin of every project and deliver beyond client expectations. We are passionate about our craft, and we challenge ourselves to leave a lasting impression with every piece of work.
No matter the client, brand, genre or delivery platform, our creative output is distinctive, engaging and entertaining.
Accordingly Axis has won numerous industry accolades, including: a prestigious Cannes Gold Lions Award, New York Festival Awards, D&AD nominations, London International Awards, Promax Awards and a Best Animation BAFTA.
In 2014, Axis were proud to receive the Queen's Award for Enterprise, a highly prestigious honour bestowed by Her Majesty The Queen only to businesses that display the highest levels of excellence.