Artistic Director M/F
Under the direction of the Artistic Director Project located at the Massive Entertainment studio (Sweden) and the responsibility of the Lead World (Annecy), you will be responsible for the artistic quality of the World delivered by the Annecy studio as part of the co-produced productions for brand The Division.
As Artistic Director World, you will be at the heart of the development of an AAA game: a member of the creative team, the link between the creative vision and the artists, the voice of the artistic team.
Your missions will be:
- Understand, assimilate, enrich and participate in the transmission of the artistic charter of the project and its contents
- Communicate and develop visual concepts necessary for the realization of the production, in accordance with the technical constraints and gameplay.
- Working closely with other World Team leads and other trades within the project, to ensure that the project guideline is followed.
- Find the balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints.
- Ensure that teams have the means to appropriate the artistic vision and to enrich it.
- Approve the work done by the World Team in order to reach quality objectives and respect deadlines.
- Manage a team of Concept Artists and Lighting Artists and ensure the development of the team.
- Contribute to work planning in collaboration with Lead Level Art & Lead World.
- Collaborate in Co-Development with the Lead studio at all stages of the game development.
Are you a visionary who motivates, inspires and supports an artistic team to turn the concept into reality? Come and take up a new challenge with Ubisoft Annecy's The Division team!
Skills & Requirements
Minimum 1 experience as Artistic Director or 5 years of leadership experience in the full development of AAA video games.
Required Skills :
- A good understanding of all stages of the production of a video game AAA
- Knowing how to communicate an artistic vision
- Ability to give constructive and well-argued feedback
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to it
- Fluency in oral and written communication in English (basics in French will be a plus)
- Demonstrate Leadership and Openness
- Know how to be demanding while generating a friendly working climate
- Know how to work closely with a Lead Level Art
- Understanding the fundamentals of art and artistic culture (History of art / architecture / urbanism / design / etc.)
- Effective time management, problem solving and organizational skills
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
This position is available from February 2019, thank you to send us your resume and any personal / professional Portfolio or Web Site that may interest us for this position.
Desired references for your book: staging and real-time realistic style sets.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
At Ubisoft Annecy, we are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development.
About the Company
At the heart of the Alps, with over 200,000 inhabitants, Annecy is a gorgeous town surrounded by mountains! Only 30 minutes by car from Geneva and just over an hour from Lyon, Annecy is a beautiful, vibrant town that has something to offer to everybody.
Perfectly located, Ubisoft Annecy was established in 1996, with Rayman® 2 The Great Escape for PS2 accounting for its first project. The studio developed its online and multiplayer expertise among different games, especially on the Tom Clancy’s SP franchise. The studio was then trusted to work and develop The Assassin’s Creed® brand multiplayer before setting the bar even higher on Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag®. Ubisoft Annecy collaborated on Assassin’s Creed® Unity and Assassin’s Creed® Syndicate while contributing to shipping The Crew®. More recently, the team collaborated with Massive Entertainment on the record-breaking new IP Tom Clancy’s The Division®. Simultaneously, the teams worked on Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Wildlands in association with Ubisoft Paris. For the first time in its lifetime, Ubisoft Annecy is leading its own project with Steep™, in collaboration with Ubisoft Kiev, Ubisoft Belgrade, Ubisoft Montpellier and Ubisoft Pune. Born in the mountains of the French Alps and created by a team of passionate riders, Steep™ is the first open world action sports game.
The game offers a breathtaking experience in the Alps, Alaska and freshly added Japan playgrounds through exhilarating sports such as ski, snowboard, wingsuit, paraglide and more. An ambitious live program is also core to Steep™, including DLC releases and a variety of community activations. The studio collaborated with the IOC and released the first major expansion, Road To The Olympics, which takes the player on a journey to the PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games in South Korea.
Ubisoft Annecy is also working with Massive entertainment on the freshly announced Tom Clancy’s The Division® 2.
You want to be part of the team ? Take a look to our job opportunities !