Graphic Designer [Package Design]
McFarlane Toys is a one of America’s top art-focused, action figure design and manufacturing companies. Located in Phoenix, AZ the company is looking for talented package design graphic designers.
- Work with the design team to create highly detailed action figures
- Create the package designs for the figures
- Proactively collaborate with marketing, sales, brand managers to determine and create visual marketing support needs for retailers, marketing activities and the company’s web site.
- Be innovative and knowable about the brands and show that your ideas are worth investing time and effort in.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Ability to learn and design quickly
- Be able to work independently and within a team setting
- Willing to work with a team of digital sculptors and graphic artists.
- Be willing to voice opinions on a project and still be open-minded to other ideas
- Ability to multitask and work across multiple company divisions
- Take direction well and have a strong attention to detail
- Have excellent organization skills
- A degree in graphic design, visual arts, or related field or a minimum of four years of work experience, or a strong natural ability with a portfolio.
- Strong design and layout experience using Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in photography and video creation beneficial
- Digital painting skills beneficial
Skills & Requirements
Software Skills Required:
- Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign
- After Effects
- Logo and Layout design
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
Preferred but not required:
- Zbrush, Maya, 3ds Max not required
- Knowledge of Premiere or Final Cut Pro
- Familiarity with WordPress CMS or HTML
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their portfolio to April: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
McFarlane Toys is an industry leader in action figure art and design. Founded by Todd McFarlane in 1994, the international award-winning company as challenged the artistic standards of what toys and collectibles can be since its inception. With a long-standing tradition of innovation, McFarlane Toys is looking for talented, passionate artists to join us in crafting the next generation of action figures across a wide spectrum of play-patterns and collectibility.
TODD McFARLANE PRODUCTIONS
Todd McFarlane Productions (TMP) is the personal publishing imprint of Image Comics co-founder and President, Todd McFarlane. TMP is the home of McFarlane's revolutionary, creator-owned comics series, SPAWN, as well as numerous related and original comic book titles, including Sam and Twitch, Hellspawn, Curse of the Spawn, Savior, Haunt, and more. As SPAWN approaches its record-breaking 300th issue, TMP is looking to expand its content library with titles connected to the SPAWN universe, as well as all-new, in-house IPs.