Senior UI Artist
NetherRealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Senior UI Artist to work with our UI/UX team to create and maintain high quality assets for our Console games. The UI Artist is responsible for visual and interaction design that adheres to a cohesive style guide and maintains consistency throughout visual elements and behaviors. The candidate will work with a variety of team members to design, create, implement and optimize UI assets for our AAA titles. They are responsible for maintaining high visual fidelity, competitive aesthetics, and presenting game information in a clear and understandable manner. The UI Artist must be able to work with industry standard tool sets and software to ensure a high level of fit and finish to all UI elements.
Working with other UI Artists, as well as the UI Lead, Art Directors, Producers, Programmers, UX Designers, and Game Designers, the UI Artist will help design and shape the visual and interactive aspects of the game’s interface needs. This may also include UI workflow optimizations and developing new techniques for visual display and information presentation.
- Collaborate with UX designer to determine functionality and usability requirements.
- Design and create UI components (ex. menus, stats and inventory screens, in-game HUD elements, etc.) from Visual Comps to completed Features.
- Collaborate and communicate with art directors, UI lead, UX designer, game designers, producers & programmers in the creation and implementation of the game UI.
- Test functionality and bug fixing to ensure work is end user ready.
- Contribute to the design and streamlining of UI tools and processes.
Skills & Requirements
- Degree in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interactive Media or equivalent work experience as a User Interface artist.
- 5+ years professional experience in Visual/User Interface Art with a strong portfolio.
- Experience creating assets and styles for User Interfaces on at least one published game, console preferred, having completed an entire development cycle.
- Strong knowledge of user interface design, interaction design, information architecture, and the ability to generate design ideas.
- Extensive experience with 2D art and authoring tools like Flash, Photoshop, and Illustrator, AfterEffects a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills.
- Experience using Unreal Engine or other game engine a plus.
- Experience with 3D a bonus.
- Strong traditional art skills a bonus.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and redo/iterate work until it's right
- Task driven, self-motivated and proactive.
- Quick learner, able to rapidly pick up new software and workflow pipelines.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply here: Senior Artist, UI
About the Company
The creative team that brought the Mortal Kombat franchise to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same; to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. We encompass the best of both worlds – a team of dedicated professionals with years of experience, who are also at the forefront of an industry taking over the entertainment landscape. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room!