Senior Character Artist
Based in Guildford, Wargaming UK is looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior Character Artist to drive the creation of humanoid characters in the next big free-to-play PC title from Wargaming, the company that brought us World of Tanks and one of the strongest free-to-play PC game companies in the world.
In this role, you will help to develop and manage the creation of 3d characters for a new & exciting project aimed at a western audience. The perfect candidate will work closely with the Art Director and Technical Artists to help design and realise a customisable character pipeline that supports the art direction of the game. You will need to be highly conceptual, passionate about organic and hard surface modelling, and have a solid character art background in PC and console.
The candidate will have to be a hardworking self-motivated team player who is able to communicate the vision of the Art Director while working to realise the requirements of the design team. The right candidate will be expected to develop an outstanding modular character pipeline that will scale and remain in place for years to come.
In this position you will be working within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community and will have the ability to both share your hard-earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
We are looking for someone with a good sense of humor who can integrate themselves seamlessly into our team & studio culture, a solid singing voice, sweet dance moves, and an ability to pun will all stand you in good stead.
The Senior UI Artist will report to the Art Manager.
Skills & Requirements
What will you do?
- Collaborate with the Art Director, designers, programmers on object specifications and deliveries.
- Translate concept and reference artwork into game ready character assets.
- Design, construct, document and enforce pipeline procedures to deliver competitive, cutting edge assets.
- Prototype new techniques and approaches.
- Accountable for the Character art team deliverables, ensuring that they meet the defined objectives, and scheduled requirements.
- Work closely with the Art Manager to outsource/insource character models, review and critique asset deliveries and set quality precedence for other to work towards.
What are we looking for?
- 4+ years production art experience in the gaming industry with at least 1 year as a Senior Character Artist
- At least 1 published games
- Outstanding skill in a digital sculpting package
- Proven ability to create exceptional stylised and realistic Character models
- A great eye for detail, natural flair & a strong understanding of composition & colour theory
- Excellent verbal and written skills, and be able to both take critique and give feedback internally and externally in a professional manner
- Diligence around both individual and team tasks, schedule and budgets.
- Solid organization skills with adherence to optimization and asset management.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- A deep knowledge of ZBrush
- Unreal 4 development experience
- Traditional art skills (drawing, painting, sculpting, photography)
- Samples of your work displaying character art creation with detailed production breakdowns
- Demonstrations of stylised character art
How to Apply
To apply please follow this link: https://grnh.se/7b8d9a341
About the Company
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!