3D Artist, Character
We're currently looking for a 3D Character Artist who can set a high bar for quality, consistency and visual appeal for characters in all of Proletariat’s game projects. The ideal candidate is a talented 3D Character Artist who enjoys perfecting their work for the needs of gameplay, real-time performance metrics, artistic vision, and most of all - player appeal. This person has experience creating beautiful characters and other hero assets in 3D pipelines, can create work in a variety of styles, understands performance budgets for real time 3D, is a skilled communicator and loves taking ownership of projects. Applicants should submit a resume and current portfolio of work. Qualified applicants may be expected to complete an art test.
- Collaborates with Art management, Concept Artists, Game Designers, Software Engineers and Product Managers to design and iterate on in-game characters and assets
- Works with tools in UE4 (or equivalent) and other 3D authoring software to create game assets from rough draft through production quality
- Works with performance in mind to ensure that assets meet performance budgets.
- Works with Project Management to maintain clear and consistent goals
- Works in an organized manner. Can follow data structure and provide feedback.
- Generates and meets time estimates
- Provide and manage feedback on assets from external vendors
Skills & Requirements
- 3+ years of experience creating and delivering high quality 3d art
- Understanding of traditional art principles including composition, design, shape language, and color theory
- Solid understanding of facial topology and edge flow using traditional modeling techniques
- Proficiency in sculpting and texture creation process from high resolution to game ready assets.
- Experience creating character assets in a pipeline that includes; Zbrush, Maya, Photoshop, Substance Painter and UE4 (or equivalent)
- Experience working in an iterative, agile environment
- Excited to improve visual skills, learn new techniques and applicable technology.
- Self-directed, receptive to critique and feedback
- Skinning/Rigging experience a plus
- Substance Designer and Marvelous Designer experience a plus
- Illustration/Concept Design experience a plus
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Apply directly to this position here!
See all our other non-art related job postings on our job board.
About the Company
Proletariat Inc. was founded in 2012 by a group of game-industry veterans from Harmonix, Turbine, and Insomniac who were hell-bent on pushing the boundaries of multiplayer games while demanding a level of quality unheard of for a small studio.
Our first major title, World Zombination, debuted in early 2015 as a coveted “Editor’s Choice” on the iOS App Store. On its way to attracting 4+ million players across the world, it went on to be named to Apple’s “Best of 2015” list and developed a reputation for AAA quality and depth to the mobile MMO landscape.
Today, we continue to work toward our studio's mission to deliver groundbreaking multiplayer titles focused on outstanding audience-first experiences. Our next AAA-quality game built on these principles is the currently in-development Spellbreak, a battle royale RPG with epic spellcasting that is now in Closed Beta.