Lead 3D Artist
The Lead 3D Artist is responsible for overseeing and creating high quality, photorealistic CGI renderings of Company and third-party products to be used throughout the Company’s sales and marketing channels. This position will also assist with environment and image layouts. With an eye for detail and a talent for photorealistic asset creation, the Lead 3D Artist works with a variety of 2D and 3D software packages to create photo-realistic images with superior texturing and lighting detail. The Lead 3D Artist is also responsible for reviewing and potentially adding finishing touches, such as shading, lighting and material textures, to the images to ensure the images meet the client’s quality standards.
The Lead 3D Artist will lead, manage, guide and train a team of Modeling Artists, assigning tasks as appropriate and providing support to the team members.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Media Arts and Animation, Interactive Entertainment,
- 5 years’ of 3D asset development or related experience, Required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid sense of three-dimensional design with attention to detail regarding organic texture layers
- Strong knowledge of 3D software including 3DS Max (required), Maya, V-ray, etc.
- Strong 3D visualization/rendering skills
- Experience with various 2D and 3D CGI workflows and processes
- Ability to understand and articulate the elements of a good photograph to achieve quality CGI image
- Able to adapt quickly to ever-evolving technology and the ability to solve in depth technical solutions to improve efficiency
- Exceptional attention to detail and creative problem solving skills.
- Eye for interior design and architectural structures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of how to inform product groupings with architecture, props, room
- composition, camera angle and lighting
- Understand and articulate the elements of a good photograph with ability to
- edit oneself to achieve quality standards
- Strong project management skills
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Email resumes and portfolio to AGoldthorp@ashleyfurniture.com
About the Company
Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world. Established in 1945, Ashley offers one of the industry’s broadest product assortments to retail partners in 123 countries.
Design, Build, Deliver:
Using our internationally acclaimed in-house design team, we create the look without paying expensive design fees. Then, by adhering to some of the most efficient production standards in the world, we can maximize productivity and minimize waste, generating additional savings for you. Finally, all orders are filled from strategically located regional warehouses and are serviced by our own fleet of trucks, the largest in the industry.