Technical Artist - New IP
You will be part of a dedicated Technical Art team working on our new Tactical FPS title, you have an excellent opportunity to make your mark on the new IP from Creative Assembly’s multi-award-winning console development team. The team is focused on improving the quality and efficiency of creating art for our games and you will be a key part of helping the artists realise their vision in the game. This role will have you in contact with many different areas of art production and you’ll be contributing significantly to our art pipelines.
As part of the Technical Art team you will build and maintain art content pipelines and develop technical solutions to facilitate our artists in producing world class content for our games.
Day to day you will work on planned pipeline changes and improvements, as well as supporting the art team with ad hoc assistance as required. You will work on a variety of technical areas, from creating standalone scripted tools, building integrated toolsets within DCC software, authoring in game shaders, writing technical documentation and measuring game performance.
You will also be a bridge of information between artists and programmers, assisting with communication and streamlining problem solving for both sides when required.
Skills & Requirements
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Previous experience in a technical art role on multiple shipped AAA titles
- Ability to communicate effectively in across the team
- Fluent in cutting edge art authoring techniques and processes
- Experience designing and maintaining tools in a production environment
- Expert knowledge of one or more 3D software packages (Maya, 3ds Max, MotionBuilder)
- Expert knowledge of Python
- UE4 production experience
- Practical experience and a strong comprehension of PBR
- Houdini production experience
- Working knowledge of a variety of content creation software, such as; Substance, Marvelous Designer, Fusion, Marmoset, Quixel, etc.
- Experience in other scripting and programming languages (PyMel, Maxscript, C#, C++, etc.)
Please submit a Portfolio/ Showreel link with your application to be considered for this role
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria. With a heritage of award-winning AAA titles, including the multi-million selling Total War™ series, Creative Assembly continues to build an impressive portfolio of games and world-renowned partnerships; working with Games Workshop on Total War™: WARHAMMER®, Wargaming Alliance on Total War™: ARENA, Twentieth Century Fox on Alien: Isolation, plus 343 Industries and Microsoft on Halo Wars 2. Creative Assembly has, with their exceptionally talented team of over 500, amassed a wealth of awards, including recent accolades from BAFTA, Music+Sound and Develop’s Industry Excellence awards.