Animator [Unannounced Project] (331)
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, prototype, create and integrate 3D animation content in line with the creative direction, technology and quality benchmarks of the project.
- Create high-quality, real-time character animation for console and high-end PC video games throughout their production cycle.
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure your work is aligned with the creative and technical direction of the game;
- Maintain ownership of your work from conception to integration into the game engine
- Share knowledge and assist all members of the team to reach the best possible outcomes
- Support the lead and producer in planning and managing your workload to meet project milestones;
- Approach challenge with a positive attitude and support the team at all stages
- Conduct any relevant ad-hoc work when required.
Skills & Requirements
Skills and Knowledge
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong practical experience using 3D character animation software
- Strong understanding of animation principles and how to apply them to your work;
- Knowledge of node-graph based animation systems and character rigging fundamentals
- Ability to communicate and work effectively as a partner in a large multi-skilled, multi-cultural team;
- Willingness to propose and implement creative solutions to assigned work;
- Understanding of the constraints and potential of digital animation technology and maintain an interest in rapidly evolving industry standards.
- Experience working on 3D character animation for videogames, film or tv production;
- Proven experience completing a shipped title or project
- Experience working with motion capture and real-time animation an advantage
- Development for console and / or high-end PC an advantage.
How to Apply
About the Company
Reflections, a Ubisoft studio is a video games development company based in Newcastle, UK.
Collaborating with Ubisoft's international creative teams on projects such as Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, online open-world RPG "The Division" as well as the adventure platformer "Grow Home". With a host of other top titles to our name such as open-world action adventure 'Watch Dogs', MMO racer "The Crew" and the latest instalment in the world's No.1 dance game franchise 'Just Dance 2015' Reflections' objective is to combine technical expertise, flair and innovation to create and contribute to successful and memorable games. We are looking for Pioneering, Obsessive Humans to cement its reputation as an industry leading studio within the UK and the world.