Lead Character Artist
Summary of Position
You will be responsible for mentoring the character art team, representing character art at lead meetings, setting character art standards, establishing the character art pipeline (in conjunction with Technical Art), and creating high quality character art. This role reports to the Studio Art Director. In addition, you will be responsible for researching, developing, and recommending new art technologies and approaches that push the studio’s quality bar forward.
Hidden Path is an inclusive, collaborative environment. You will be working with animators, designers, engineers, and other disciplines from all walks of life who have a variety of different perspectives. Being able to navigate and thrive in this kind of environment will be key to your success.
Skills & Requirements
- Have experience working on modern, AAA-quality characters for a shipped title
- Have experience using Unreal Engine 4
- Have expert level experience with ZBrush or similar sculpting tools
- Have experience with Marvelous Designer or similar garment tools
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have strongly cultivated soft skills
Nice to have:
- Experience managing a team
- Strong technical abilities
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and pipelines
- Experience developing for both PC and Console platforms
- Experience in a secondary area such as tech art, materials, VFX, or lighting
- Passion for RPGs and/or action games
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Email your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
Hidden Path Entertainment is an independent video game company established to develop and produce interactive entertainment software for current and future generations of video game consoles, virtual reality platforms, and other computing platforms. Hidden Path is currently working on both independently-funded and publisher-funded projects, developing fun and innovative titles for some of the most popular companies in gaming.