AAA Environment/Level Artist
As a level artist, you are responsible for working with the Art Director and level art team to take a level to artistic completion. You will be expected to drive the artistry of the level, while also keeping the level performant and playable throughout. At times, you will need to work closely with the design team to negotiate or come to a consensus with design to solve art/design issues. You will be expected to drive issues to resolution and get buy-in from involved parties.
Level Artists are expected to work with the level design and level art teams to break down the level, creating environment proxy assets and breakout sheets. Your proxy assets and breakout sheets will be used to the environment art team to give them a high-level understanding of the environment set component requirements, during this process you will need to collaborate with the environment art team to ensure the environment set assets are being built to proper spec and artistic vision of the level.
Skills & Requirements
2-4+ years of environment art experience on level based titles.
- Experience with level creation and how different disciplines work together (art/design).
- Excellent work ethic and problem solving skills, able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Expert in Unreal 4 or Unity or frostbite.
- Strong understanding of composition, material and lighting fundamentals.
- Strong working knowledge of Maya.
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop and Z-brush.
How to Apply
Please send portfolios/reels to Shawn at Aquent: email@example.com
About the Company
Aquent offers a broad range of staffing services to help global companies add technical expertise to their marketing and creative departments, increase the bandwidth of their in-house teams, and achieve higher quality creative work. To learn more about Aquent's full range of services please visit http://aquent.com.