Associate Props Artist
Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company’s history – and one of the most exciting times to join us! We are building a culture of collaboration and seeking an imaginative, skillful, and versatile Associate Props Artist with current gen and PBR material experience to create organic and hard surface props. If you share a passion for developing groundbreaking worlds and player experiences, then this may be the position you’ve been waiting for!
- Work closely and take direction from the Art Directors in creating assets within the established vision
- Demonstrates ability to produce photo-real 3d models with physically based materials
- Research and gathering of imagery related to current tasks
- Participate and give status updates in regular team meetings
Skills & Requirements
- 1+ years of experience preferred
- A strong passion for and experience with First Person Shooters
- Experience working within game development
- Expert with Maya or 3DS Max
- Expert with Photoshop
- Zbrush experience
- Substance Painter and/or Designer experience
- Ability to learn new tools quickly
- Strong background in traditional art skills
- Solid 2-D and 3-D concept skills working in a variety of styles
- A proven record of meeting deadlines
- A good communicator who is comfortable taking direction and critique
- Self-managing and able to identify and meet goals
- PBR material experience
- Current gen experience
Note: A portfolio submission is required for this position. Please focus this portfolio on personal contributions to your projects. Please include a shot breakdown specifying what you were directly responsible for creating.
- Photogrammetry experience a plus
How to Apply
About the Company
Founded in 2002, High Moon Studios is an award-winning studio developing for the Call of Duty® franchise, with past development on over 15 titles including Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Bungie’s Destiny 2: Forsaken, and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. We employ more than 100 people in Carlsbad, CA, a seaside city in San Diego County.
Our pride is our people and the experiences we have successfully created for our fans. High Moon's talent is comprised of gifted entertainment and technology professionals responsible for some of the most successful games ever made. We have award-winning developers, published artists and specialists recognized as among the best in their fields. Our studio has a history of using innovative techniques designed to boost productivity and product quality, which in turn enhances our studio's quality of life.
High Moon Studios is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.highmoonstudios.com.