Lighting Artist 2 YR +
Rocksteady Studios is looking to add to its family of world class staff and are seeking an exceptionally talented Lighting Artist who is ready for the challenge of producing world class lighting for our next, unannounced project.
- Creating high quality artistic and functional lighting for environments, cinematics and characters which fulfils both art and design requirements.
- Working with the Lead Lighting Artist to realize the project’s artistic vision.
- Working with Designers, Artists, Technical Artists and Programmers to ensure their lighting needs are met.
- Ensuring any lighting content created is within established budgets. Ability to optimize it without a loss in quality, keeping in mind the technical requirements and different platforms’ limitations.
Skills & Requirements
- Professional experience as a dedicated lighting artist, having completed at least one full production cycle for an AAA game on current gen console hardware (PS4, Xbox1).
- Able to comfortably work with both artistic hand placed lighting as well as with more technical and systemic approaches.
- Strong UE4 knowledge. Experience with its blueprint system is a plus.
- Experience with 3ds Max and Adobe Photoshop
- Keen on keeping up to date with games’ cutting edge techniques.
- Strong knowledge of lighting, colour theory and image composition proven with a strong portfolio.
- Experience with PBR shading in current gen games. Must know how light and materials behave in the real world and how this applies in game.
- Keen understanding of cinematography and how to best implement lighting for Cinematic scenes.
- A photographic eye and mind-set to be able to correctly interpret exposure and lighting values in game.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
Rocksteady Studios is a multi-award winning videogame developer based in London, England. Located in a spacious, purpose built converted factory, with full motion capture and audio studio capabilities, we are an energetic company formed by a core team of senior industry professionals.
This gives us an ideal balance of drive, talent, proven methods, experience and cutting edge technology to make world class AAA games.
- Private family medical care
- Private family dental care
- Excellent pension scheme
- Excellent annual bonus scheme
- £1,000 to £5,000 Finder’s fee for helping recruitment
- 25 days of paid holiday + 8 public holidays per year
- 2 days off per year to support a charity of your choice
- Studio closes between Xmas and New Year (Discretionary)
- Comprehensive Relocation Support
- Tons of studio clubs to help you get to know people:
- Gym, Comic book, War gaming, Board games, Home brewing, Chess, New Parents, Photography
- Yoga 5x per week at lunchtimes in our mocap room
- Football 2x per week at lunchtimes
- Life Drawing 1x per week in the evening
- World class training speakers hosted on-site
- Access to multiple online training websites
- Access to entire DC back catalogue on Comixology
- Monthly team meals/outings
- On-site subsidised Masseuse
- Quarterly salary & promotion reviews
- Monthly 1on1s with your Line Manager
- Yearly Line Manager & Studio Peer Performance review process
- Film nights in our Mocap theatre
- Subsidised gym in the office complex
- Invites to WB films in their London private cinema before their release date
- Discounts to WB goodies i.e. HBO, WB films, TV, Harry Potter tour
- Staff only merchandise store
- State of the art office with the entire 180+ dev team in 1 open-plan room
- Free vending machine snacks, fruit, juices and soft drinks
- National Rail Season Ticket Travel Loan
- Discounted bicycle equipment to encouraging biking to work
- Employee Support Assistance Programme (Free personal counselling and guidance support)
- Free Eye Test & Discounted Glasses