Concept Artist - Destiny
Vicarious Visions is looking for an exceptional Concept Artist who will work closely with the Art Director and Art Leads to expand the style and feel of the Destiny universe. You will also work closely with the production art team to help them envision what the finished results can be for the in-game content they are creating. As the ideal candidate, you should amaze us with creative designs and artwork and have the capability to inspire greatness in those around you.
Your Guardian will be Responsible for:
- Collaborate closely with the Art Director and other Concept Artists to produce quality designs that define and expand the look of the game
- Create concept art for use by Production Artists to create their game content
- Create thumbnails, sketches, model sheets and production paintings within a deadline
- Ensure that concept art is consistent with the defined visual style of the game
- Contribute original visual design ideas throughout pre-production and production
- Create additional illustrated concepts for marketing and PR needs
Skills & Requirements
The skills we’re looking for in order to level up your Guardian:
- Ability to quickly iterate concepts given input from the Art Director
- Professional attitude and an ability to take constructive criticism
- An exceptional understanding of mood, lighting and architecture with a keen eye toward form, shape, structure, and silhouette regarding illustration and design
- Superior eye for light, value, composition, color, staging and detail in environmental design
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including, but not limited to, figure drawing, landscape painting and illustration
- The ability to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to the finished illustration and an understanding of translating these ideas to real-time game content
- Self-driven, good communicator and a great team-player
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply at http://m.rfer.us/ACV7v61cz
About the Company
Located in Albany, NY, VV has brought their expertise to global franchises such as Skylanders and Guitar Heros for over 25 years, creating new entries in each series infused with the studio’s signature quality and forward-thinking approach to design. In 2017, VV released the Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Triology , a rebuild of the classic games with gorgeous, all-new graphics, met with universal praise from fans and critics alike. Currently, the studio is spearheading the PC version of Destiny 2 (winner of ‘Best PC Game’ at E3 2017) and bringing their passion and talent to new stories and content within the world of Destiny.
Lovingly referred to as the VV Family, the team is composed of a diverse set of highly talented men and women who bring their personal expertise, creativity, and drive to every facet of the games and technology we create. The VV philosophy of combining cutting-edge tech with creative innovation is brought to life through our family, who embody our values and soul in their work and play. We thrive on a culture of collaboration, respect, and fun; we have built a welcoming and relaxed workplace that invites creativity and encourages individual voices.