Paladins - Lead Concept Artist
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire a Lead Concept Artist to join our Paladins team, and work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Concept Artist do:
- Works closely with Art Director to keep quality and style consistent across all Concepts.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities for the Concept team
- Provides direction to concept artists for aesthetic and technical considerations
- Explore a wide variety of ideas for new characters and character skins.
- Create detailed and polished final illustrations as requested.
- Create artwork for both reference use by the Art team, and for promotional and marketing purposes.
- Follow Art Direction to maintain visual style of the game, and create designs that stay within technical constraints.
- Participate in critiquing your work and the work of other artists.
Skills & Requirements
Who we are looking for:
- 7+ years of experience creating concept artwork for games, film or animation.
- Portfolio demonstrating exceptional character designs.
- Strong grasp of composition, color theory, value, form, scale, shape language, and silhouette.
- Strong knowledge of human and animal anatomy and proportions.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate with multiple teams.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Comfortable prototyping and working with iterative development process.
- Proficient with Photoshop for asset creation.
- Comfortable receiving constructive criticism and making artistic adjustments.
- Excellent work ethic, self-motivation, and ability to take constructive feedback.
- A passion for creating and playing video games.
Preferred candidates have:
- Degree or formal art education in illustration or traditional painting.
- Experience with Unreal 3 engine.
- AAA game development experience.
- Experience with 3D software packages a plus.
How to Apply
About the Company
“Free To Play.” It’s like a four-letter word to gamers – and for good reason. Who wants to get nickle-and-dimed? Who wants to play a game where the “better player” is the one with the bigger pocketbook?
At Hi-Rez Studios, we know there’s a better way. We make Free to Play games that our fans Want to Play. More important, we make Free to Play games that we want to play.
It’s a crazy idea, when you think about it. Giving away games that we spend millions of dollars developing, with the hope that people like them enough to buy costumes. But when you love your games like we do, players can feel it. And they start to love our games too.
We’re proud of the fanbases that have formed around our games. We believe that great games come from great communities – and ours are some of the best.