At KitBash3d, we set out to enable and inspire artists around the globe to build their worlds. To do this, we're building the universe, one asset at a time.
We're looking for an experienced Texture artist, with a passion for contributing to the art community. You won't just be creating assets for a single project, you'll be contributing to hundreds of projects, while working with the best designers in the world.
- This is a remote job, location does not matter to us, what matters is integrity and a sense of excellence.
- You'll have flexible work hours. You'll be making your own schedule, but required to hit milestones and deadlines.
- You'll have a lot of room for creativity, but will be required to hit the quality level we pride ourselves on.
- This is an ongoing freelance position, with opportunities for full time work.
Skills & Requirements
- Create photo-realistic textures and materials for 3d assets with a strong emphasis on environments and hard surface.
- Build an expanding library of tileable materials for a variety of themes and styles.
- Work with Art Director and Concept Artists to come up with great materials that add to the quality of a kit
- Work closely with 3d modelers and head of 3d to package materials for ease of use by other artists.
- Experience in Game, Vfx or related industries
- Experience in 3d software such as Maya or 3ds Max
- High standards in creating photo real and high quality textures/materials
- Experience in 3d modelling / uving even if it will not be your main focus
- Experience working with Substance Painter or Designer
- Experience with game engines like Unreal or Unity
- Working remotely is an option
How to Apply
How to apply:
If you want to come build kits with us, please email your resume, software knowledge and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org . Include "TEXTURE ARTIST" and YOUR NAME in the subject line. Portfolio must include photo-real texture work, a strong focus on environments and hard surface assets. An art test will be required.
About the Company
At KitBash3d, we set out to enable and inspire artists around the globe to build their worlds. To do this, we're building the universe, one asset at a time. With new world kits releasing every month, a vibrant community of artists, productions, and studios use our assets to realize their visions, be it personal project or AAA game.