UI Artist [Brighton, UK]
UI ARTIST - Brighton, UK
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.” We are comprised of a diverse group of people, from industry veterans with experience working on big franchises, to talented former indie entrepreneurs and recent graduates. Hangar 13 is based in four vibrant locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic). We are currently hard at work on our next AAA titles.
This role is based within our brand new Brighton location, who will partner with the other Hangar 13 sites in California and the Czech Republic to develop all of our future games as one global team. Led by General Manager Nick Baynes, Hangar 13’s Brighton location provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console and PC games using bleeding-edge proprietary engine technology.
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for a UI artist to help define a unique look for their new project. This person will work very closely with Art, UX and Design from across the globe to push motion and visual design in ways that will help our game to become a standout hit.
What You Will Do:
- Assist art, design and UX with the visual look for a new Hangar 13 title
- Push the envelope in visual fidelity, cohesion, and motion design
- Collaborate actively with teams across the globe
Skills & Requirements
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- Excellent communication skills, must be ready to work with teams across the globe
- Deep passion and respect for all types of games
- Experience shipping at least 1 title
- Ability to craft and follow style guides
- Must be able to produce quality game ready final visuals (Photoshop, After Effects, etc.)
- Ability to work well within the memory constraints of a shipping game.
- Strong ability to digest complex and critical feedback and channel it into strong visual designs
- Strong sense of aesthetics and how to communicate visually
- Graphic design and typography prowess
- Comfort in working with technical toolsets, flash is a must
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Humble at all times, not driven by personal ego
- Desirable Skills and Experience
- 3D modelling skills are a huge plus
- Experience working with cross-site teams
How to Apply
About the Company
Let's talk some truth: Making games is hard. It's a collision of art and technology that’s about as predictable as a tornado. There's no secret formula, no foolproof blueprint—but it certainly helps to have a reason for making games in the first place. "Every Player's Story is Unique." At Hangar 13, that's why we make games. We’re currently creating an intense action game set in an immersive world and with a strong narrative, but player agency is at the heart of everything we do. We want to give players the freedom to choose how to overcome challenges and make meaningful decisions that shape the world and characters around them.
Hangar 13 is the newest 2K development studio. We’re focused on creating AAA games for console and PC. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. We are located just thirty minutes north of San Francisco and in production on our first title, Mafia III, available October 7, 2016. We’re currently building our own proprietary engine and tools in service of our next AAA title, still unannounced.