Junior Cinematic Designer
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for a talented and experienced Cinematic Designer to join our team. We are currently expanding Krakow Studio by establishing Cinematics department. Person on this position will be responsible for creating compelling in-game interactive dialogue sequences and cutscenes in CD PROJEKT RED’s proprietary tool. The ideal candidate should have a very good understanding of directing, storytelling, acting and cinematography as well as strong sense of composition and pacing.
- Create interactive, branching cinematic sequences using in-house proprietary engine based on node system.
- Create compelling cutscenes with excellent pacing, acting, cinematography, editing, and timing.
- Communicate with Designers and Leads to improve the readability of visual storytelling and establish perfect continuity of the story with gameplay.
- Set up actor staging and cameras.
- Complete tasks on time in high quality.
- Follow and maintain pipelines and technical requirements.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts (preferably Animation / Film Production) and/or at least 1 year of professional experience in games/film.
- Experience with 3D software (Motionbuilder, 3DSMax, Maya, Unreal Engine etc.)
- Good understanding of acting, including posing and timing.
- Good knowledge of cinematography and editing.
- Excellent communication skills and abilities to work efficiently within a team.
- Ability to quickly adapt company’s proprietary software as well as to learn a new software.
- Technical problem-solving.
Nice To Have:
- Genuine interest in the genre.
- Game development experience (doing long-form project(s) from inception to completion).
How to Apply
Artists and designers should enclose a demo-reel or link to an online portfolio to their application.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our studio based in Krakow, Poland.
Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby consent to the processing of personal data in my application by CD PROJEKT S.A. with its registered seat in Warsaw for ongoing recruiting process”.
Information on processing of your personal data
Your personal data controller is CD PROJEKT S.A. with its registered seat in Warsaw, Poland, ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warszawa. Your personal data will be processed in particular to invite you to our recruitment process and to conduct the process, which includes negotiating conditions of employment. We respect your privacy rights i.e. the right to access, rectify and delete your data, limit its processing, transfer it, a right not to be a subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, and to object to the processing of your personal data (you will find more details about processing of your personal data in this privacy notice).
About the Company
We offer you:
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere with cutting-edge technologies.
- A chance to work in an international environment in a booming industry.
- A competitive salary and project-based bonuses.
- Private health care (Enel Med, Medicover or Lux Med).
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Ambitious and independent, we made international big leagues with the globally acclaimed The Witcher series. Over 25 million copies sold and more than a 1000 awards garnered later, we still, and more than ever, believe in gamer-centric video game development and building an honest, bilateral connection with gamers. Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard earned cash. We’d love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we’re working hard every day to make that happen. We started our journey as a bunch of dreamers in 2002; there are over 500 of us now and we’re still growing and looking for people who can help us pack an even bigger punch. We’re headquartered in Warsaw, Poland, and we have offices in Cracow, Wroclaw and Los Angeles. We’re stock exchange listed, but we never allow this to put any brakes on our creative momentum.