Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Rigging Artist for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
We are looking for Rigging Artist to help creating hyper-real game characters and digital assets. As a Rigging Artist you will be part of Remedy’s character technology team. You will be working with our cutting edge in-house pipeline and tools, creating character and asset rigs in collaboration with world-class artists and animators.
Skills & Requirements
- Create, prototype and maintain high-quality character and prop rigs.
- Work in collaboration with character artists and animators to design functional, responsive, animator-friendly rigs while keeping in mind optimization and runtime performance.
- Development of modular rigs and custom Motion Builder rigs.
- Development of tools and workflows to assist animation, rigging and production teams.
Requirements and qualifications
- 2 to 3+ years of experience as a rigger and at least one shipped title
- Advanced knowledge of creating custom deformation and animation rigs
- Deep understanding of 3D digital content creation packages (Maya/Motion Builder)
- Experience of animation and motion capture workflows and creating Motion Builder custom rigs
- Experience with Python scripting language
- A good understanding of the human anatomy
- Excellent team work skills and ability to receive feedback
- The ability to deliver your work even under a tight deadline
- Clear verbal and written communication in English.
The ideal candidate will also have
- Modeling or animation experience in Maya, Mudbox, Z-Brush or Motion Builder
- Ability to create hyper-real facial rigs
- Character-related simulation experience
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your reel, CV and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please use the application form to apply here
About the Company
Remedy Entertainment Plc. is a globally successful console and PC game company founded in 1995 and based in Espoo, Finland. Remedy creates cinematic blockbuster action games that break media boundaries and push the envelope of 3D character technology, storytelling and visual effects. Remedy’s games include Death Rally, Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Alan Wake’s American Nightmare, and Quantum Break. For more information: www.remedygames.com