Concept Artist - UK
Cloud Imperium Games is looking for a talented experienced concept artist able to tackle the unique and rich universe of Star Citizen.
You will be working with top internal and external artists and be able to work on the full spectrum of assets ranging from spaceships, spaceship parts, weapons, environments, props, and characters.
Skills & Requirements
- This position will require artists to learn and master the visual style and elements of Cloud Imperium Games's 'Star Citizen' project, and be able to conceptualize and illustrate new assets following the guidelines and requirements of the game.
- Have a good understanding of form and function with an eye for Industrial design
- Collaborate heavily with the design and production teams while maintaining the Art Directors vision
- Create stunning environmental art that captures the overall filmic quality of the games universe
- Have a strong foundation in lighting and atmospherics
- Ability to create concept art in 3D and 2D
- International travel may be required as part of the role
- Strong understanding of all aspects of concept art regarding illustration and design
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Maya, Max and other 2D/3D applications
- Passion for games and all things scifi
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in many areas of game development
- Portfolio that demonstrates industry standard skill
- Minimum of 2 shipped next gen, high quality titles/movies
- Experiences in games
- Mechanical illustration or design ability
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Cloud Imperium Games is a new kind of independent studio dedicated to delivering AAAexperiences outside the established publisher system, Founded by Chris Roberts, creator of the best selling Wing Commander and Freelancer series, Cloud Imperium is currently developing Star Citizen, a record-shattering crowd funded title that combines classic space sim gameplay with Hollywood-caliber visuals
Cloud Imperium aims to pave new ground in game development by sharing the process with the players. Where game development was once hidden, Cloud Imperium has opted to share the process with those backing Star Citizen. Supporters come to know the team and follow them every step of the way as the game created. The community is closely engaged and their feedback Is considered in all aspects of game development, avoiding standard publicity to put Roberts’ epic vision directly in players’ hands.
Cloud Imperium Games Corporation was founded in April 2012 by renowned game developer Chris Roberts (Wing Commander, Freelancer, Privateer) and his business partner and long-time international media attorney Ortwin Freyermuth. Under Roberts leadership using his long-standing relationships in the game space, Cloud Imperium quickly assembled a top tier development team for the creation of art assets, story elements, and an extensive prototype for its first game Star Citizen. Star Citizen is being marketed and launched via robertsspaceindustries.com.
Cloud Imperium has studios in Los Angeles, California ; Austin, Texas ; Manchester, UK and Frankfurt, Germany.