Animation Assistant (Temporary Assignment)
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh Services.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for this position.
Are you ready to get your start in the animation production process of a cutting edge AAA title? The animation team behind The Last of Us Part II could use your assistance.
We are looking for an eager individual that will help assist our animation team with removing blockades from their path forward. The demands of such a complex project come with a lot of steps both big and small as part of the animation process. We are looking to remove as many steps as we can to help the team focus the on maintaining the highest visual quality.
- Prepare scenes and assets for animation and audio teams
- Work closely with animators to ensure standards of quality are met
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Skills & Requirements
Requirements & Skills:
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to our pipeline
- Some experience with Maya or equivalent 3D animation software
- Organized and methodical
- Proactive communicator
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Trustworthy and dependable with a positive “can do” attitude
- Experience working in a team environment
- Production experience a plus
- Must be able to provide a demo reel or examples of work (Online preferred), a detailed breakdown of your contributions to each project, and an accompanying resume
Local candidates are preferred (make sure you can commute to Santa Monica, California on a daily basis).
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our website: Animation Assistant (Temporary Assignment)
The Recruiting Process
We feel it is important to let you know how the recruiting process works here at Naughty Dog. Here is what you can expect from us:
- Upon submission, you will receive an automated message stating your resume has been received and will be reviewed thoroughly by our recruiting team.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, it is not possible to respond directly to each candidate.
- If you are selected, you will be contacted for an initial phone screen or test.
- The next step is a second phone or Skype interview, or an invite to come out and meet us at the studio.
- In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
- If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file for future consideration.
Thank you for your interest in Naughty Dog.
About the Company
Naughty Dog is the developer of some of the most critically acclaimed and top-selling video games on PlayStation platforms, having created the classic Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter series, as well as modern franchises Uncharted and The Last of Us. We have become recognized as industry leaders for our storytelling, graphics and cinematic quality in our games. The studio is currently developing The Last of Us Part II.
Naughty Dog is also home to Sony World Wide Studios’ ICE Team, a central technology group that focuses on creating core graphics technologies for Sony’s worldwide first-party published titles, including low-level game engine components, graphics processing pipelines, supporting tools, and graphics profiling and debugging tools.
Since Naughty Dog is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Interactive Entertainment, we also have many perks that comes from being in the Sony family – movie screenings on the Sony Pictures lots and discounts on electronics, music, movies and PlayStation hardware and software. Of course, you just can’t beat our location. Naughty Dog is based near the ocean – and beaches – in Santa Monica, California, where beautiful weather and fair temperatures grace us year-round.